Triplex™ Bubble Insulation vs Spray Foam Insulation
Spray Foam – A Brief History:
Spray foam insulation has been a staple of modern insulation in homes, businesses, and more. This type of insulation became popular back in the 1980s. It all started with the emergence of polyurethane foam, which is one of the most-used forms of spray foam. Polyurethane traces back to Germany in the 1930s, where it was originally discovered. The material arrived in the United States in the 1940s, after the war, when such materials opened up for more general use.
Triplex™ Bubble Insulation Brings Advancements in Metal Building Insulation
Polyshield® Triplex™ was developed in May of 2022. Triplex® was designed specifically for Metal Building Insulation applications. Our MBI R21 is over 1″ thick, featuring large double bubble foil/foil material and a foam center. This stiffer material provides a much easier install, saving up to 70% of labor. Triplex™ MBI R21 has 95% reflectivity, matching all the other variations of our bubble insulation. The XPE foam center provides sound deadening properties, a higher R-Value, and delivers a higher level of fire protection.
Triplex™ MBI R21 provides an R21 value when installed with 3.5″ of dead air space between the material and the metal of a building. If the metal building is not going to be air-conditioned, Triplex™ bubble insulation can also be installed up against the metal outer wall to provide a condensation blanket, a vapor barrier, and a moisture barrier. Just 1-inch of Triplex™ insulation can provide the same R-value as 1-inch of open-cell insulation, but ours also adds a Radiant Barrier, improving the efficiency of the thermal resistance of the outer wall by 50% more than just foam insulation.
Advantages of Triplex™ Bubble Insulation Over Foam Insulation
- Triplex™ costs less than spray foam.
- Triplex™ does not require special equipment to install.
- Triplex™ does not leave a mess to clean up after installation.
- Triplex™ makes accessing electrical or water pipes easy.
- Triplex™ does not gas out dangerous fumes.
- Triplex™ has a Class 1A fire code rating and does not require an ignition barrier to pass building codes.
- Foam can become brittle over time and crack, losing its ability to insulate.
- Triplex™ has a LIFETIME WARRANTY against failure!